Interested in joining the Maranatha team? Check this page for available job opportunities, or contact us to find out more!
The Maranatha Board of Directors has begun a search of our next Executive Director as our current Executive Director has expressed his desire to retire. The new Executive Director will lead Maranatha with an emphasis on the ministry (programming, speakers, missionary groups and platform presence,) and building relationships to expand our retreat season. As the main ambassador for the ministry, the Executive Director is the face of Maranatha to its guests, staff and surrounding community and must be a true visionary leader. The Executive Director ensures that the mission and ministry of Maranatha is the primary priority motivating all aspects of the operations.
If you are excited about the opportunity to work in a complex and multi-faceted non-profit operation that provides a wonderful spiritual retreat experience and believe you meet the requirements as set forth in the attached job description, please forward your resume to KarenMelby614@gmail.com. Please contact Karen Melby at 248-505-1616 regarding any questions about the Executive Director Job.
Director of Operations
The Maranatha Board of Directors has created a new position reporting to the Executive Director. This supporting position will focus on meeting the daily needs of guests, finances and facilities, allowing the Executive Director to focus on our next 82 years of BIBLE TEACHING AND WORLDWIDE MISSIONS.
If you are a strong operational leader looking for an opportunity to work in a complex and multi-faceted non-profit operation that provides a wonderful spiritual retreat experience and believe you meet the requirements as set forth in the attached job description, please forward your resume to Scottrrush@yahoo.com. Please contact Scott Rush at 616-780-9431 regarding any questions about the Director of Operations Job.
Marketing & COmmunications coordinator
Maranatha Bible & Missionary Conference in Norton Shores, MI is seeking to hire a part time Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
Key responsibilities include directing all aspects of Maranatha’s marketing efforts and media communications, including overall responsibility for strategy, branding, messaging and public relations with the goal of increasing the number of guests year-round and overall net income. Maranatha’s mission to provide spiritual renewal in a recreational setting emphasizing Bible teaching and worldwide missions.
Interested candidates should send a letter in inquiry and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to:)
- Establish direction and strategy for all of Maranatha’s marketing communications, developing
Maranatha’s “brand” through clear and consistent messages, images and typography.
- Design and/or produce all print communications, including but not limited to brochures,
postcards, advertisements, tickets, banners, posters, guest guides, etc.
- Facilitate the development and continual refreshing of Maranatha’s websites utilizing inside
and/or outside resources to creatively market to and minister to Maranatha’s various
- Coordinate Maranatha’s social media presence to build ongoing relationships with an ever-growing
number of families, individuals, churches, ministries and meeting planners.
- Supervise the development of audio and video media for Maranatha program presentations and
- Research, select, negotiate and place all advertising for Maranatha programs and ministries.
- Develop and manage annual Marketing budget to insure budget compliance.
- A clear testimony of personal salvation through the finished work of Jesus Christ.
- An ongoing demonstration of the Lordship of Jesus Christ in daily life.
- Agreement with Maranatha’s Statement of Faith and enthusiastic support for Maranatha’s
Mission, Vision, and Purposes.
- A commitment to excellence, innovation, creativity, servant leadership and lifelong learning.
- Social media and marketing experience.
- Extensive experience and proficiency in software, including use of Adobe Creative Suite,
Microsoft Office, WordPress, Facebook, and Instagram.
- The ability to work independently without direct supervision and to function effectively as a
supportive team member.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, solve problems and pay close
attention to detail, and to work productively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- The ability to operate a variety of basic office equipment such as phone, Mac OS,
copy machine, scanner, etc.
housekeeping positions available
What we are looking for:
We are seeking team members who support our commitment to provide exceptional guest service. Since being founded in 1936, Maranatha has provided spiritual renewal in a recreational setting emphasizing Bible teaching and worldwide missions. flexible part time positions available.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to:)
- Cleaning of rooms and cottages, swiftly and efficiently, to include:
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas and hallways.
- Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet, cleans mirrors, sinks and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest restrooms.
- Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings including using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners to remove dust and cobwebs.
- Strips bed of all linen and remakes with fresh, checking bedspread, blankets and bed pads for cleanliness, replacing if soiled.
- Vacuums rooms, public areas and hallways, operating vacuums weighing up to 20lbs, and lifting/moving furniture.
- Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred but not required.
- Able to stand in excess of 2 hours without sitting – preferred.
For More Information:
Contact Jenni Behm, Housekeeping Supervisor
231-798-2161 Extension: 1156
Summer Employment Opportunities
Maranatha is seeking applicants that want to work in a Christ-filled environment for the summer season. Summer staff in any area will effectively carry out Maranatha’s mission to provide spiritual renewal in a recreational setting emphasizing Bible teaching and worldwide missions.
2018 Summer application – please print and fill out the following:
- 2018 Staff Application
- Verified First Disclosure and Authorization Form
- *Under 18 only* – Background Check Minor Release Form
You can also call 231-798-2161 to request a Summer 2018 application, or stop in at the front desk in the Main Lodge to pick up your application.
Applications may be submitted via mail or scan in and email.
Maranatha Bible and Missionary Conference
Attn: Ann Ledsworth
4759 Lake Harbor Rd.
Norton Shores, MI 49441
Scan and email to:
Summer Staff Questions
Contact Ann Ledsworth at 231-798-2161, Ext. 1160 or by Email.